OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Data protection is a human right.
- Your data is our responsibility and as such will be treat with respect.
- We will never spam, sell or use your data for purposes other than those agreed to.
DATA PROTECTION LEGISLATION
We comply with:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
- You can checkout without giving us your personal data as a guest.
- If you choose to create an account you will need to setup a username (usually your email address) and a password. Please ensure your password is strong.
- You can access your account at any time. This is the only information we store about you.
- We do not store any credit card details, these are handled by our payment provider.
- You can close your account at any time therefore removing your data from our system.
- You can request that we close your account, just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
Tracking site visitors
Our site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to better understand our users and their usage of our website. Google does not give us any personal information about you or your business.
Google are a third party data processor.
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
Comments can contain personal information, please ensure that if you don’t want to let us have this information do not post a comment on our blog.
Comments are public and therefore your data will show on the post itself.
Forms and email links
Forms on our site send the content to an internal email address.
All email is sent to us over the (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) This means email content is encrypted using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the internet. The email content is decrypted by our devices.
The email address that you submit to us will be added to our email marketing service who provide us with email marketing services. This serive is a third party data processor.
Your email address will be stored in in our email marketing service providers database for as long as we continue to use this service for email marketing or until you request removal from the service.
When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list. Without this we cannot identify you.
If you are under 16 years of age by law you must obtain parental consent before signing up for any of our services.
This website is hosted by Catalyst2 within a UK data centre located in London.
All traffic between our website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
THIRD PARTY DATA PROCESSORS WE USE
All the 3rd partty data porcessors we use comply with the legislation set out in the GDPR. Where they are based in the USA they are EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.
As required by GDPR we will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s data or any of our third party data processors to the ICO within 72 hours.
The data controller is 2 Wheel Care
Fife, KY15 5T